Monday, December 3, 2012

Shopping Trip

Howie and I are going to go through a period where we won't see each other very often over the next few months. To ease the pain, he offered to buy me a toy as a holiday present. After a little prodding at the cost, I accepted. The other part of the deal was me going to buy the toy, since we won't be seeing each other for a few weeks.

I have a love/hate relationship with sex toys. I started off with cheaper, and plastic-y smelling, toys before I knew any better. An old boyfriend bought me one of my first toys: a giant smelly rabbit which just felt uncomfortable inside of me. I usually get myself off quickly and easily just playing with my clit when I'm alone, and it seemed like such an effort to play with the toy since I could cum faster with my fingers.

From there, I regressed to a smaller bullet vibe for my clit, which I loved for a long time, but eventually started to feel boring. My sex life was getting so interesting and having a tiny vibe just didn't fit the rest of the picture.

I did some experimenting over the next few years, including a really nice g-spot vibe, a smaller silicon dildo and eventually bought a beautiful glass dildo that was more artwork than sex toy. Howie and I enjoyed using it for temperature play, but the glass was so unforgiving inside my body. We've also included some anal toys into our collection over the past year or so, but those are stories for another time.

Anyways, back to my shopping trip. Within 24 hours of Howie making the offer, I was gleefully driving down to my local 'couples shop'. It took me about a year and a half after living here to find this shop, but it is really terrific. It is one part BDSM and kinky toys and equipment, another part toys for men, has a huge selection of lubes and condoms, sexy outfits and sex toys ranging from very cheap to very expensive. My first shopping trip to the store a few months back included a few girlfriends who grew up going to Catholic school, and only now are becoming interested in exploring their sexuality. I spent about two hours walking all over the store with them explaining different toys and hearing their shocks of horror (while I giggled behind my hands) over toys that I've enjoyed playing with in the past.

When I arrived, I knew exactly where to head in the store because of the amount of time I've spent there. There is one small area with the more expensive vibes, and I had my eye set on one of three brands: Lelo, We-Vibe and one other one that I can't remember the name of, but also looked and smelled good. I decided against the We-Vibe because it seems the most useful during partner play, and this is a toy all about me! It came down to the nameless vibe and the Lelo. After touching both materials for at least 10 minutes, I decided to go towards Lelo.

Then came the tricky party: which type to choose. I knew I wanted something for penetration, but then got stuck between a g-spot or a larger vibe. Howie and I have been spending a lot of time on my g-spot recently because I REALLY want to be able to squirt, but I don't think I'll spend that much time practicing on my own. In the end, I decided that I wanted something to make up for all the cock that I'll be missing and decided to go with the larger one.

I chatted with another knowledgeable saleswoman on my way out, and also came away with a bottle of System Jo brand warming lube and another small bottle of pineapple flavored lube. I love the smell and taste of cock, but sometimes it's fun to make my very own pina colada flavored snack. I've used a little bit of Jo lube before, and really enjoy how smooth it is and how it doesn't leave any sticky feeling behind.

I haven't been able to try any of my new purchases out yet, but know that I'll be doing so very soon. And I'll let you all know how it goes after I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment